The Sub Sahara Africa Council of Entrepreneurs provides support for entrepreneurs in international trade by taking them to key overseas markets and showcasing their capabilities to potential buyers, investors and trading partners.
In its ongoing commitment to promote bi-lateral trade relationships, the Sub Sahara Africa Council of Entrepreneurs has introduced its Trade Mission program to assist companies find overseas partners, license technology and to grow internationally. Each trip is tailored around specific business opportunities relevant to Council members and delegates are invited to join based on the nature of their business and strategic growth objectives. The Councils’s Trade Mission program is designed to match these objectives with business opportunities existing in the targeted market via the introduction to key industry decision-makers and well-placed government officials.
Upcoming Trade Missions:
United States of America – Chicago, Illinois
(Oct 21-24, 2019)
United Arab Emirates – Dubai and Abu Dhabi
(Nov 17- 20, 2019)
Structure of a Trade Mission
A trade mission typically involves:
- Market analysis to identify the most advantageous trading opportunities.
- Identification of foreign partners, buyers, agents and/or distributors.
- A pre-mission briefing.
- Arrangement of 1:1 business/prospect meetings by the Council for attendees.
- Welcome briefing held upon arrival in the destination country.
- In-country seminars on export/import procedures, partnership options, market opportunities, methods of payments, distribution practices and latest trends.
- A meet and greet between mission attendees and foreign prospects (group presentations / 30 minute presentations by each attendee to a larger audience).
- Pre-arranged 1:1 meetings with attendees and their pre-arranged prospects (anywhere from 10-20 depending on the length of the mission).