The breakfast meeting format is a simple and effective way to start your day energized, full of new ideas and new connections.
These meetings are a mix of seminars, mini workshops, general networking and keynote speaker presentations – there is something for everyone.
Each breakfast is hosted by a Council of Entrepreneur member who provides the facilities and acts as the session host. Members enjoy a short breakfast and the opportunity to mingle with other attendees for the first 30 minutes.
After the initial breakfast, the session then breaks into a presentation run by the host. Each of these sessions are educational in nature and in some instances the session also involve a panel of speakers.
Finally, attendees are invited to give a 30-second “elevator pitch” about their business and can write down any potential referrals on a referral slip to be passed on after all introductions. Word of mouth recommendation & referral is and will remain the best way to win new business. (Council of Tade business breakfasts focus on quality referrals, not quantity, so participants are free to network without undue pressure.)
- You want to learn about new and interesting innovations from other business leaders
- You are looking for new customers and/or suppliers
- You need additional expertise in areas such as sales, marketing, management accounting, or even legal advice
- You want to receive training on new business development and managing your business
- You find that running you own business can be a lonely place
- You want to start the day by doing something different!
Typical format of a breakfast meeting
7.30: Meet, chat and grab some breakfast
8.00: 20 minute (maximum) presentation, workshop or seminar
8:20: 10 minutes of questions and comments
8.30: Short introduction by each attendee (optional), more networking, chat, and referral passing
8.50: Exchange of referral slips (if required)
9.00: Meeting finishes